Procurement Homepage / Small Business / Small Business Compliance
Small Business Compliance
Small Business Goals
Caltech's Small Business Office is committed to doing business in an equitable and sustainable manner by working with small, local, and diverse businesses.
Federal and State Compliance
The Small Business Program is responsible for aiding our academic departments in developing government subcontracting plans in compliance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR's); reporting contract/grant compliance of small business goals; monitoring for compliance with goals and preparing "Good Faith Effort" proposals; and submitting quarterly and semi-annual reports on the status of small business goal compliance to appropriate Federal and State agencies.
Diverse Supplier Goals for Federal Contracts > $750,000
The federal government has the following statutory goals for small business procurement:
- 23% of prime contracts for small businesses
- 5% of prime and subcontracts for women-owned small businesses
- 5% of prime and subcontracts for small-disadvantaged businesses
- 3% of prime and subcontracts for service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses
- 3% of prime subcontracts for HUBZone small businesses