Department Codes are used at Caltech to identify purchasing and payment transactions by campus groups. Codes are assigned to groups, departments, buildings, or work areas, not to individuals.
- To facilitate routing of paperwork
- To provide contact information
- To route deliveries
The Department Code List is...
- Posted on the Procurement Services website here
- Owned by Purchasing Services
- Maintained by Procurement Support Services
- Developed according to campus customer specifications
- Updated regularly
To add a new Department Code to the list
- Department Code Request Form (PDF)
To change information on an existing code
Email Hillary Sanchez at email@example.com. Example:
Please change the following information on Department Code 6B
Change Delivery Address
From: 123 S. Hill
To: Keith Spalding 6, Rm. 101
Change PO Contact
From: Suzy Buyer
To: Joe Negotiator, PO Contact Phone x0000
If you have questions regarding the codes
- More detailed information and examples (PDF)
Please contact Monica Marquez at x2566 or firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions.