Certificates of Insurance
What is a Certificate of Insurance?
A certificate of insurance is a document, signed by an insurance agent or company, which outlines the types and limits of insurance carried by a vendor, contractor, tenant or other party with whom we have entered into an agreement.
What will I find on a Certificate of Insurance?
- the name of the insurance agent or broker
- the identity of the "Named Insured" that purchased the policy
- the insurer providing the coverage
- the types and amount of the coverage
- the effective dates of the policy
Where should these certificates go?
A copy should be kept by your department, and a copy sent to the Risk Management Office for review, Mail Code 103-6.
Certificate of Insurance form (PDF)
(626) 395-6878 direct
(626) 395-4853 office