Beginning January 1, 2015, the standard mileage rates for the use of a car (including vans, pickups or panel trucks) will be:
- $0.575 per mile for business miles driven
- $0.230 per mile driven for moving purposes
NOTE: Amounts of $100.00 or less may be paid by the department's petty cash or entered directly in Rapid Recon/P-Card.
To report mileage, all users should use Rapid Recon. If you do not have Rapid Recon account please contact a member of the P-CAT Team at PCardServices@caltech.edu.
- The 2014 mileage rate was $0.560 per mile
- The 2013 mileage rate was $0.565 per mile
- The 2012 mileage rate was $0.555 per mile
- The 2011 mileage rate for 1/1/11 - 6/30/11 was $0.510 per mile
- The 2010 mileage rate was $0.500 per mile
NOTE: For older mileage rates please visit the IRS website at
Travel and P-Card Manager