Reserve travel accommodations as early as possible to confirm availability of the room or special rates (e.g. conference rate).
- Local hotels may offer discounted rates for University business-related travel. See Hotel/Motel page for options.
- When making reservations:
- Inquire about educational institution or government rates (if applicable to the hotel franchise). Caltech ID may be required at check-in.
- Confirm check-in/check-out times, cancellation policy and other included benefits (e.g. shuttle service, breakfast, etc.)
- If using university procurement tools (e.g. PCard or PO), be sure to indicate tax exemption status. Tax exemption is only applicable to Caltech (not the individual traveler) in authorized U.S. states. A copy of the Caltech Sales and Use Tax Blanket Exemption Certificate is required.
Refer to the Travel Policy for more information.